Tacki-Mac comes with a piece of tape paper that you wet to activate the adhesive and slide the grip over, but hairspray is a much easier method of getting the grips onto the stick. This hairspray method also allows the grip to be reused easier since you can pull the grip off and simply reapply the hairspray to attach it to a new stick or make adjustments.
- Simply spray the hairspray all along the inside of the grip and along the shaft that will be covered by the Tacki-Mac.
- Pull the bottom of the Tacki-Mac over the top of the shaft.
- Twist the Tacki-Mac down the shaft, this allows the hairspray to act as lubrication instead of trying to forcefully pull it down the shaft.
- When you are satisfied with the location of the Tacki-Mac, squeeze out the excess hairspray on the inside of the grip and remove with a towel.
- Let the Tacki-Mac sit for a few hours, I try to let it sit for at least 4.
I will be doing a full review of these grips very shortly as I have been using them for a few years now.
Credit Where Due: I got a lot of information about Tacki-Mac from ModSquadHockey. I suggest you check out one of the Tacki-Mac threads here:
While I also hate to promote my other things, it has become evident to me it is important to get a viewer base that will help me continue doing reviews like this (I can’t afford to always buy new equipment!).